EIS - Innovative Refurbishment of Homes
Aims of the Study: The mentioned examples were analysed as special forms of heterogeneous cooperations with a strong focus on the transferability of the models to other regions.
Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology
- Centre for Social Innovation (ZSI) (project leader)
In Austria the highest potential for thermal refurbishment is within the sector of single family houses, built between 1945 and 1980. According to estimations by experts two-thirds of all possible investments are to assign to this sector. However, there are only few successful models on the supply side which combine efficient information and mobilisation of users with a comprehensive technical and ecological offer. Two of such rare models were the centre of this study: the „Ökomodell Außerfern“ in Tyrol und the network „Traumhaus Althaus“ in Vorarlberg. Both of them are operating very successful on the local level for the promotion of thermal refurbishment since several years. These models are characterised by intersectoral network structures constituted by heterogeneous local social actors, aiming at quality assurance to enable an attractive offer for homeowners. Aims of the Study: The mentioned examples were analysed as special forms of heterogeneous cooperations with a strong focus on the transferability of the models to other regions. Therefore the following steps were required:
- Detailed description of the models (How and why are they working?)
- Evaluation of both models according to their effectiveness and achievement of objectives in terms of sustainable development
- Preparation of suggestions for improvement
- Preparation of suggestions for the transfer to other regions.